The Cloudbank 15 Contest
A prize of $200 is awarded for one poem or flash fiction.
Submissions accepted through March 15, 2021
• Reading fee is $15 and covers up to five poems/flash fiction pieces. Flash fiction should be no more than 500 words.
• All writers who enter the contest receive a two-issue subscription to Cloudbank magazine. The subscription starts with the current issue, unless requested otherwise. Current subscribers receive a two-issue extension on their subscription.
• Submissions without payment will be considered for publication but are not eligible for the prize (see Submissions),
• The writer’s name, address, email address, and titles of the poems/flash fiction being submitted should be included on a cover sheet only.
• Electronic and postal submissions are accepted. To submit electronically through our submissions manager click here. Mail submissions to: Cloudbank Books, P.O. Box 610, Corvallis, OR 97339-0610. If submitting by mail, make check out to Cloudbank. Postal submissions will not be returned. A self-addressed, stamped envelope can be included for notification of the status of a mailed submission.
• Submitted work may not have been published elsewhere, including online journals.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please let us know if work is accepted elsewhere.
• Two contributors’ copies are sent to writers whose work appears in the magazine.
The Vern Rutsala Book Contest 2021 is closed for submissions. Check back for the 2022 contest.
A prize of $1,000 is awarded, plus publication of the manuscript.
Deadline for submissions November 10, 2020
• Submit 60 to 90 pages of poetry and/or flash fiction. Reading fee is $25 and includes a copy of Cloudbank.
• Electronic and postal submissions are accepted from around the world with no citizenship limitations.
• To submit electronically through our submissions manager click here.
• To submit by mail send manuscript to: Cloudbank Books, P.O. Box 610, Corvallis, OR 97339-0610. Make check for fee out to Cloudbank. Mailed submissions are not returned. A self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) can be included for notification of the judge’s decision.
• Submissions should include two title pages, one with title only, one with title and author name.
• Cloudbank poetry editors seek a wide range of styles, approaches, forms, and aesthetics, for example: lyric, prose poems, experimental, flash fiction, etc.
• This year’s judge is Christopher Buckley.