The Cloudbank Contest for Issue 18 will be open for submissions November 1, 2023, through February 29, 2024.
A prize of $200 is awarded for one poem or flash fiction.
Reading fee is $15 and covers up to five poems/flash fiction pieces. Flash fiction should be no more than 500 words.
- All writers who enter the contest receive a two-issue subscription to Cloudbank magazine. The subscription starts with the current issue, unless requested otherwise. Current subscribers receive a two-issue extension on their subscription.
- Submissions without payment will be considered for publication but are not eligible for the prize (see Submissions).
- Electronic and postal submissions are accepted. To submit electronically click here. Mail submissions to: Cloudbank Books, P.O. Box 610, Corvallis, OR 97339-0610. If submitting by mail, include a cover letter with contact information. Make check out to Cloudbank. Postal submissions will not be returned. A self-addressed, stamped envelope can be included for notification of the status of a mailed submission.
- Submitted work may not have been published elsewhere, including online journals.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please let us know if work is accepted elsewhere.
- Two contributors’ copies are sent to writers whose work appears in the magazine.